Wednesday, March 4, 2015

On the Road Again

I have my transatlantic flight booked to the UK for April 23rd and, sometime thereafter, will walk again the Camino.

Am not sure whether I will walk the same route - 800 kilometres from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago - or take the Via de la Plata from Seville to Santiago. The latter is another 200 kilometers or approximately an extra 7 days. There are pros and cons for each.

"Bless me father for I have sinned. It is five years since my last Camino....." I am just worried about the time constraints for making the 1000 kilometre journey although the weather might be warmer from starting in the south. Maybe I'll sprint it. The foolhardy person is alive and well. If I decide to walk the same route as last time, well, it's not really the same route - the route has changed and I have changed. I am not the same person that travelled five years ago. Same fears come up for me. Am I up to the physical challenges? After all, I am now officially classified as a senior, with all the attendant rights and benefits. Today I am feeling strong and resilient.

Meanwhile, dilemma is the order of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment