Friday, May 8, 2015

Najera to Santo Domingo de la Calzada

I am now up to date with my blog as far as the sequence of my journey. That is, of course, with the exception of my photos.

If anyone doubts that I am not really walking the Camino, because, who in their right mind would subject themselves to this, there is proof of sorts. From yesterday´s sun and high temperature, I have a rather hot burning from the sun on my left arm. That would suggest that I am walking westward because at midday that is when the sun is at its hottest. I wonder how it will be when I cross the Meseta plains. That is 10 days of walking and for much of this there is very little cover from the elements. When I walked five years ago, the temperatures were the exact opposite and I was often covered up with fleece jackets. Despite the heat, I welcome the increased temperatures.

Today, however, is a slightly different story. Today´s journey will be  22 kilometers with a gradually increasing climb. It is not nearly so hot, but there is a rather cold and strong headwind trying rather effectively to blow me off course. On the Camino, one learns to accept what one is offered by the elements. What other choice is there?

I am again walking with Katleen and I think she is happy to have my reassurance and endorsement of her personal journey. I still find it difficult to let go of my caretaker role. I am hoping that this will resolve soon because I really only want to be responsible for myself on this journey. I am not here to fix anyone physically or mentally.






As far as the eye can see.....and then more



I would like this to be me leaning against a tree


576 Kilometers to go in a silly hat - rather that than a Tilly Hat


Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Practical matters drying in the sun

































2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete