Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 6, 7, and 8


On the road have lost complete track of time. One day seems to blend into the next. Met some Italian pilgrims who have travelling by bycycle. They say that the road from St Jean Pied de Port had been closed due to snow. Madrid is also snow bound. We were lucky to have got through two days before.

I have been travelling with Pepe. As much as I have enjoyed the journey with him, I feel that he has taken over my camino and that it is no longer my own. So from Estella to Los Arcos I have chosen to travel alone. I hope that I have not hurt him because I value his friendship. I have loved his ability to connect so effectively with everyone he meets

My new travelling companions have been Sonia, Isabel and Erika. We have travelled from Los Arcos to Logrono, the capital of the Rioja area. This has been total of 28 kilometres. The journey seems almost to have been effortless. We have stayed at the Iglesia of the Santa Domingo.

The following day, we have seemed to have lost energy and have travelled only to Navarrete. Staying in a semi private refugio has given us the opportunity to have a long dinner without 10.00 p.m. curfew. May the 6th has been my mother´s 99th birthday. So this has been a big celebration. The hilite of the evening has been a fabulous garlic soup and fish dish with a black squid sauce. Tonight we are in Najera and about to go out for dinner.

Erika is from Japan and living in New York City. She does Reiki, and hypnotherapy.

This journey has been an opportunity to meet and tell stories-really no different from a Canterbury Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment